Lobster tails are very good seafood. In many coastal areas, lobster tails are very famous and they are considered to be a delicacy.
This is because it is also rich in proteins and good for health. Lobster tails are also a separate item which is famous for its taste. The question arises as how long to boil lobster tails. Many people have this doubt of how long to boil lobster tails for a perfect taste. Before knowing how long to boil lobster tails, it is necessary to buy good lobster tails first. This is the first step. Keep them in the freezer if you are planning to cook them later. It is necessary to keep in mind that you got to take the lobster tails some 24 hours before you plan to cook them as it will prevent it from getting thick after the cooking process has been completed.
Use the below instructions to gather info on how long to boil lobster tails:-
* The first step is to defrost the lobster tails completely. In case the lobster tails are already defrosted, then skit this step. Defrost it 24 hours prior to cooking. If you wish to defrost it quicker, then keep it in a microwave oven for about 3 to 4 minutes. If you happen to cook the lobster tails directly without defrosting, it tends to taste rubbery.
* The next step is the boiling process. The boiling process is the easiest one and it is usually preferred for whole lobsters and not just for the tails of the lobsters. For boiling, you require plenty of clean and fresh water. It is necessary to add 1 or 2 tea spoons of salt to a large container of water. Then boil it in water for some time. Now, the next step is to immerse the lobster tails into the container and allow it to boil.
* How long to boil lobster tails depends upon the weight factor. If the lobster tail is about 1 to 3 oz, then boil it in the container for about 3 to 4 minutes.
* For 4 to 6 oz of lobster tails, boil it in the container for about 5 to 6 minutes. Suppose if it is 10 to 12 oz, and then boil it inside the container for about 12 minutes. For lobster tails of weight 14 to 15 oz, then it has to boil in water for a solid 18 minutes or so. This is the exact thing to keep in mind to know as to how long to boil lobster tails.
* Once the boiling process has been done, it is necessary to keep in mind that the lobster tails must be taken out and allowed to cool.
* Add some extra ingredients like salt, pepper, coriander leaves to pepper it up.
* People who prefer sauce or red wine or even white wine can also use it. Pour it gently on the top in small amounts and allow it to spread for a good taste.
Thus, the general info on how long to boil lobster tails have been discussed.
Last 5 posts by Gena
Other Posts from "Cooking & Recipes" Category:
- How Long does Chicken Need to Cook
- Meat Cooking Time Calculator
- Hamburger Goulash with Elbow Macaroni
- Best Hamburger Recipe
- Best Hamburger Steak Recipe